October 7, 2009

Graphy & Duction

Yes, my name is Tony Mendoza.  I am an unfocused writer, musician, and comedy skunk living in Chicago.  I have written or performed and taught or comedy with The Annoyance, The Second City, Groupon, and WBEZ among others.  I have never considered myself an actor, though a few years ago I somehow booked a stupid commercial for Long John Silver.  I play drums for The Bitter Tears, Tijuana Hercules, and Up Ya Boyo, and founded and fronted a band called Let’s Get Out of This Terrible Sandwich Shop.  I have a new band that can’t get its name shit together.  I have held lots of dumb day jobs including trolley driver, FM disc jockey, pool table salesman, and gas station clerk.  Currently I am a recovering bike messenger now making deliveries in my inherited mommyvan.  I have a wonderful girlfriend named Lauren who refuses to believe that I am an asshole.


The goal of this blog is to remain unfocused.  Some posts will read like journal entries, some will be stories from my life.  I may write about a silly object or blather on concisely about a memory tucked away in some shoebox.  I promise to try bad fiction and bad poetry.  But probably not.  When I’m suffering from writer’s block or overbooking, I may scrape material from the past: old posts from my deceased bike messenger blog, road trip memoirs, or journal entries from my radio and gas station days.  Things will probably get personal and graphic.  It all sounds a bit shitty but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment